Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Family Reunion

I am four Daily Poems behind schedule as of now. But I had a very busy weekend. Our family reunion was on Saturday. There were probably over 200 of us there all at our cousin Monica's house. And that wasn't even all of us. There were a huge number of people who couldn't make it. We had a lot of fun though. They held a hula hoop contest and I was one of the winners. I got a $20 gift certificate to Jamba Juice, which is one of my favorite places ever. I love wheat grass. So anyway, I met so many cousins who I never had even heard of before the reunion and it was just beautiful. Of course most of today has been spent trying to find all of them or as many as I can on Facebook. Everyone has posting wonderful things about how much fun they had. Pictures are almost endless to look at from the reunion. It was catered and when it started getting late the DJ showed up and played music till 11p.m. I danced with my long lost cousins for hours and we just had fun laughing, drinking and enjoying each others company. I spoke with some of my family in deep conversation and it felt so good. Family is one of the most important things. I am lucky I have so much family. This family reunion was only for my great-grandmother Alice and her three sister. The family that was there were only their kids and grand children and great grand children. I am truly blessed. And although we are all so different it doesn't separate us because we all share blood and no matter what we are all connected for all time.

This is my Grandma Alice' children all in her color, purple. She's in the middle of all the madness with a hula hoop in her hand (:

No comments:

Post a Comment