Saturday, September 25, 2010

Daily Poem #10

The big ten! I know I already posted poetry very early this morning, however, those are not counting towards an actual Poem of the Day. I gave myself a bit of a challenge today by asking my friends and family on Facebook what subject my Daily Poem should be on today. I received three answers; strength, gin n' juice (which I would like to change to red wine) and growing older. Since I was only given three, I thought, what the heck, I'll do them all. 


there are times
where we may fall.
times of misled
presumptions.

there are times
when we may fumble.
times of clumsy
misfortunes.

there are times
where we may slip.
times of wicked
confusions.

there are times
when we will stand.
no faltering
resolutions.

there are times
where options are no more
to falter or heel.
to be without
declaration.

there are times
when we must fight.
times of
perseverance.


............................


Red Wine

dark is she
my beautiful friend.

she dances for me
in such a blend.

i kiss her gently
drink her well.

my lips will stain
tales to tell.

bitter is she
in this gloomy night.

she warms me still
my sweet delight.

as she lays me down
sleep i may.

my little drink
i'll never sway.


 ...........................


i say everything has changed today,
the sea's seem to speak.
the ground seems to weep.

i say everything has changed today,
animals seem to whisper
with secrets of winter.


i say everything has changed today,
the tree's have barked
to the winds remarks.


i say everything has changed today,
the streets much smaller
in this i wonder.

i see everything has changed today,
my eyes so clear
my soul so dear.

i see everything has changed today,
my heart has opened
with the world now relived.


I may write my last one again sometime. I am quite tired. Many upon many thing distracted me today from doing my Daily Poems when I had liked to. But it is not the end of the day just yet. And so I have accomplished my grand goal and am leaving it be. Two out of three is better than nothing at this time. Today has been interesting but I am glad to say it is now over and I shall bid myself goodnight. Hope you have enjoyed my tributes for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment